Connecting, inspiring and empowering women to lead the way
Position: Communications Intern (5 months)
The European Network for Women in Leadership (WIL Europe) is a Europe-wide non-profit organisation dedicated to the promotion and advancement of the professional and social interests of women in leadership positions and aspiring female leaders from different sectors across Europe.
Our mission is to connect, inspire and empower women to lead the way, by providing a space where they can meet and exchange, network, grow, and identify opportunities and ideas that are not always readily available in their immediate social and professional environments.
Our activities are focused on international, local and online events, including those with key political and business leaders; peer-to-peer networking; and our successful Women Talent Pool leadership programme for emerging female leaders.
One of the important ways in which we achieve our mission is by communicating what we do, with and for whom, to the outside world on our website, in our monthly newsletter and on our social media channels. This is an area which we would like to develop further in the months to come with the help of a committed and motivated Intern.
As Communications Intern, you will be responsible for increasing the visibility of our organisation, as well as that of our senior-level members and the emerging female leaders in our Women Talent Pool (WTP) leadership programme.
Working in a friendly international team, made up of the General Manager, Project Manager and Communications Intern, you will be responsible for the following activities:
• Content creation – preparing our monthly newsletter; creating communications materials such as brochures; video editing; producing engaging material for social media channels (text and images); preparing post-event reports.
• Social media management – managing and growing WIL’s presence on Twitter and LinkedIn; working with WIL’s Project Manager to develop our presence on Instagram focusing on a project aimed at empowering females aged 16-20.
• Interviews - organising, conducting and editing interviews with our Members and participants in our WTP programme, including liaising with and managing the relationship with our fantastic team of volunteers.
• Media monitoring – ensuring that WIL Europe is kept up to speed on female leadership developments/gender equality across the world and making proposals for engaging content to highlight and celebrate these developments.
• Communications strategy – contributing ideas to WIL’s overall communications strategy, including design ideas, website development and social media content, so that we can increase our visibility and have greater impact.
• Events support – assisting with the organisation of WIL events, including developing communications and outreach strategies and preparing event reports.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about communicating their ideas to the outside world, and who would like to develop their communications expertise at the heart of a small, dynamic and meaningful organisation.
What you will get from us:
- The chance to leave your mark on a growing non-profit and, in doing so, contribute to making the world more inclusive.
- Hands-on experience in communications, particularly social media management, and the chance to get your creative juices flowing.
- Direct interaction with female leaders and emerging leaders from different European countries, as well as other high-level decision-makers, and the chance to enlarge your network.
- Plenty of opportunities to contribute to and participate in WIL high-level events with inspiring senior leaders from across Europe, including our upcoming high-level event in London, United Kingdom.
- Experience in event organisation.
- Increased knowledge and understanding of topics covered in our events and workshops. Recent examples include conferences on humanitarian crises and responses, climate and energy democracy, and workshops on public speaking and personal branding.
- Opportunities for flexible working.
- Is studying, or has studied, communication, politics and social affairs or another relevant field.
- Creativity and the ability to come up with new ideas.
- Passion for communications and design.
- Experience in social media management; knowledge and experience in web content-producing software, particularly Canva.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and be proactive.
- Strong interpersonal and teamworking skills.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken) and good knowledge of French.
- Commitment to gender equality and the professional advancement of women.
How to apply:
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a short communications task ahead of the interview.
Application Deadline: 12th December 2023
Internship Duration: 5 months
Starting date: 1st March 2024
Remuneration: Around 700 Euros month for a full-time (35h) internship