WIL Europe Breakfast-Debate "Women in leadership : What does it mean to be a woman leader? "
European Parliament, Brussels
European Parliament ‘Info’ Area (Left of the Simone Veil Entrance - CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS) on the Place du Luxembourg side.
On the eve of March 8th, the symbol of the International Women's Day provide us an excellent opportunity to reflect on the meaningful concept of "women in leadership". Leadership was defined as the act of inspiring subordinates to perform and engage toward a common goal. A leader is therefore a person who has an established vision, which he shares with others, and make them follow willingly. Although it was considered as a masculine domain for a long time, we are witnessing in the recent years an increasing number of women entering leadership roles, and has transformed not only the bottom line of business models and companies’ development, but also organizational behaviors, vision and practices.
At a time of major economic and societal shifts, leading transformation successfully requires change in management styles, and we believe that women have key roles women to play.
Agenda8:00 – 8:15: Welcome & Networking
8:15 - 8:20: Welcome Remarks by Pervenche Berès
8:20 - 9:20: Discussion : " Women in Leadership"
- Thaima Samman, Partner, SAMMAN Law and Corporate Affairs & WIL President
- Laurent Derivery, CEO at Valeurs & Développement
- Avinash Chandarana, Group Learning and Development Director, MCI Group
Open Discussion with Women in Leadership
- Eugenia Bieto, General Director of ESADE Business & Law School
- Diana Einterz, Executive Vice President, Directrice de la Direction des Grands Clients at Orange Business Services
- Helle Frank Jul-Hansen, Associate General Counsel EMEA , VMware France SAS (TBC)
- Microsoft (TBD)