Connecting, inspiring and empowering women to lead the way
Job description: General Manager (Maternity Cover – 8 months CDD)
The European Network for Women in Leadership (WIL Europe) is a Europe-wide non-profit organisation dedicated to the promotion and advancement of the professional and social interests of women in leadership positions and aspiring female leaders from different sectors across Europe.
Our mission is to connect, inspire and empower women to lead the way, by providing a space where they can meet and exchange, network, grow, and identify opportunities and ideas that are not always readily available in their immediate social and professional environments.
Our activities are focused on international, local and online events, including those with key political and business leaders; peer-to-peer networking; and raising the visibility of our members on our communication channels (newsletter, social media).
Since 2012, we have been running a 12-month leadership programme, the Women Talent Pool (WTP), which supports and promotes a new generation of female leaders in Europe by offering them visibility opportunities, learning opportunities, connecting them with inspiring leaders in Europe, as well as mentoring and coaching. More recently, in 2021, we launch a project on Instagram “Empowering Girls”, to facilitate exchanges between younger women aged 16-20 with a senior leader in their field of interest.
WIL Europe has grown into an internationally recognised organisation, as evidenced by the increasing number of membership applications we receive. Given the current challenges facing our societies, our mission has never been so important. Maintaining links and collaboration between women is crucial, not only to support them in their daily lives but also to ensure that their voices are heard and given equal weight in responding to today’s challenges.
As General Manager of WIL Europe for eight months, you will have the great privilege to support the association’s strategic growth, ensuring that the network remains relevant and engaging to the women who are part of it.
To succeed in this position, you should have a strong interest not only in promoting the professional advancement of women but also in organising high-level events and creating a platform where our members and the talents on our leadership programme can learn from each, expand their horizons and develop their business or other activities.
· Progress with initiatives started by WIL's General Manager to support the growth of the association
· Draft and propose a set of annual targets and objectives to WIL’s Board of Directors (in January 2024)
· Budget planning and management, with the support of WIL’s Treasurer
· Organisation of Board of Directors’ meetings and General Assembly
· Manage relationships with members of the WIL network and WIL partners
· Team management and recruitment (one full-time employee, one full-time intern and 4-6 volunteers)
With the help of WIL’s Project Manager and WTP coordinator:
· Overall planning and coordination of WIL high-level events, networking events and online events and workshops
· Organisation and management of WIL’s WTP leadership programme (current edition running until March 2024; next edition starting March 2024)
· Oversight of “Empowering Girls” project
With the help of WIL’s Communications Intern:
· Drive forward the communication strategy of the association, including managing WIL’s website content and publishing a monthly newsletter
· Develop content, and manage and grow the organisation’s presence on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
· Monitor and do background work on relevant issues for the network, particularly around women in leadership/gender equality
· Manage a team of volunteers who conduct and transcribe interviews with WIL members and talents
What you’ll get from us/Benefits:
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Nicola Whitehead, email@example.com. Please attach writing and/or social media content and/or communications materials to your application. Only applications with these examples will be taken into consideration.
© European Network for Women in Leadership 2021
Registered Training Provider: number 11756252375
21 bis rue du Simplon, 75018, Paris
firstname.lastname@example.org | +33 970 403 310